How to keep your chiffon saree shining
Sarees are not just part of every Indian woman's wardrobe but are also commonly seen in Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan.
Sarees not only enhance your look but also give you a touch of glamour.
Sarees are worn these days not just to give a traditional look but also a modern and classy ethnic look as well. Even the most modern lady will have at least one saree in her collection. Saree adds a different and unique elegance.
Here's different saree fabrics
This wrapping around fabric can be worn on any occasion and function depending on its fabric material and texture. Sarees are made of different fabrics like
- Chiffon Sarees
- Cotton Sarees
- Cotton Silk Sarees
- Silk Sarees
- Net Sarees
- Georgette Sarees
- Crepe Sarees
- Satin Sarees
- Lycra Sarees
- Linen Saree
Sarees are the most selected and preferred outfit for any lady and fit all occasions easily. One does not have to think twice if you have a good saree collection.
Chiffon Sarees are now trending a lot because of their unique appearance. Earlier chiffon was made from pure silk. But nowadays there are nylon or rayon versions of chiffon with a polyester texture available in the market. Sarees made of this fabric material are not only shiny, translucent but are comparatively cheaper than those of the pure silk sarees.
The Chiffon Sarees appear like very fine mesh-like giving it a little transparency. It is light in weight, giving an elegant and floating appearance when worn. Due to its lightweight and texture, it's difficult to work with chiffon. It should be hand washed because of its delicate fabric material with gentle love and care.
Because of its lightweight and texture, chiffon easily frays out. We would be sharing with you our ideas of how to stop your favorite Chiffon Sarees from fraying and keep them always shining and brand new.
Color and design
Ways to keep your chiffon Sarees shining
Different sarees require different levels of maintenance and care. Though it is difficult to carry a chiffon saree, it is more difficult to maintain it. The beauty and elegance it adds to a woman is the reason why it is more (Chiffon Sarees) preferred. Chiffon is a delicate fabric and can get easily damaged if not washed properly, dried, and stored.
The lightweight nature of Chiffon Sarees is the reason why it is more preferred plus it is best for those who want to look thin and can choose these sarees, as chiffon gives a body fit look because of the fabric material.
In our post we would be sharing with you ways to wash your favorite Chiffon Sarees and why it is important to follow these instructions of washing them.
Following our points of washing instructions will not only keep your saree always looking spectacular but will also increase its wardrobe life.
We would be sharing with you
- Hand washing instructions
- Machine washing instructions
- Drying instructions
- How to keep in your wardrobe
- Do remember that you have to carry out this process of washing your Chiffon Sarees with gentle care.
- Firstly you need a bucket or a tub of lukewarm water.
- Allow your Chiffon Saree to absorb the water for around 30 minutes.
- Add a required amount of liquid detergent or fluid cleanser. Do not use your regular detergent as it may damage the fabric.
- Make sure you do soak your saree for too long.
- Get rid of the cleanser mixture by discarding it and allow the soapiness to flow by pouring in cold water.
- Follow the above step until the cleanser bubbles are completely washed away.
- Do not wring your saree to get rid of the excess water.
- To get rid of the excess water, put your saree above a towel and allow it to soak the excess water, then put another towel above it and try pressing it gently. This will help you get rid of the excess water without damaging your saree.
- Hand washing is the most preferred and suggested method of washing your Chiffon Sarees.
- After a few washes, you can use protein shampoo mixed in plain water. This will help you maintain the shine and luster of your saree.
- Make sure you do not include other clothes while washing your Chiffon Saree while washing it in a machine as this may harm the texture of the saree and may also damage its color as well.
- Do make sure that you have set your machine on delicate and fragile mode.
- Let your machine run for a brief turn cycle.
- Add the required amount of liquid detergent or fluid cleanser.
- Avoid the use of harsh chemicals as they damage the fabric and its color.
- Icy cold water is suggested and preferred for washing.
- Get rid of the excess water using bath towels.
- Press your saree gently while putting it between the two towels.
- Using towels helps you get rid of the excess water quickly and easily
- Do not squeeze your saree.
- After you get rid of the excess water from your chiffon saree now you have to proceed with drying.
- Make sure you line dry your saree, ensuring that it spread over the line properly without any folds or creases.
- Always put your saree in shade for drying.
- Sunlight may damage its color.
- Dry in coordinate daylight or shade.
- Do not hang your saree for too long as this may cause the texture to frail which may cause damage to its texture and fabric.
- While ironing make sure you don't press hard
- Use low heat while ironing.
- Make swift movements of your hand, making sure that you don't overheat.
- If you don't get away with the folding line, use a muslin cloth over it and iron.
Wardrobe Storage Instructions
- Do not hang your Chiffon Saree on a hanger and hang them in your wardrobe.
- Hanging your saree causes the fabric to frail.
- Always fold them and keep them separately away from other clothes as chiffon tends to take the color of the fabric store with it.
- Keep changing the folding pattern to avoid ripping from the folds.
- Do not fold or wrap your chiffon saree tightly.
- Try not to use a brush for removing dust particles.
- You can keep your chiffon saree in a muslin cloth to avoid contact with other fabrics.
- Store your Chiffon Sarees in silica bags as they can absorb extra moisture present and also prevent fungal growth.
- You can also use naphthalene balls.
- You don't just have to store it but 'store it smartly'.
To keep your favourite Chiffon Sarees shining and new all you have to do is follow our instructions.
We assure you that following our instructions will not only help you keep your Chiffon Sarees shining but will also increase its wardrobe life and you can wear them at any function or event without letting anybody know how old your saree is.
It is not only important to wash your Chiffon Sarees with tender care but also to handle it carefully while drying. Just to remind you, always dry your Chiffon Sarees in shade and do not hang it for too long. Keep changing the folding pattern as chiffon tends to Frey.